Saturday, July 19, 2008

Megan & Conrad - Maternity Shoot







Another 'reminiscent' post - :

My good friend Megan has been a supporter of my photography since I took my first unsure steps towards building a portfolio!

Needless to say, I was so happy to do her Maternity Shoot, and she was so excited and willing to try everything I suggested - thanks Megs!

Conrad, Megan's husband, was maybe not so excited about being part of a photo shoot (as is the case with many guys!), but he was really great and I got some great pics of the two of them together!

Megan and Conrad now have a healthy, happy, precious little boy Keaton, who is six months old and growing more precious every day! Go take a look at Meg's blog to meet Keaton: http://www.keatonjohnduplessis.blogspot.com/

On a personal note, I am now exactly 35 weeks! 5 weeks to go!

I am feeling a little more loving... a little more rational... a little more calm since my last post! This adventure of pregnancy is truly something else! Last night I was counting my Braxton Hicks contractions, as they seemed to be a bit too many (6 per hour), but they calmed down and showed no signs of getting more frequent or severe... Nevertheless, Darryl decided to spend the night on the couch with me (instead of out and about) just in case! Together we prodded and scrutinised my tummy with every 'contraction' - oh the joys!!

My last visit with Dr Makram confirmed that Malakai is still growing well (weighing in at 2.2kg's) and is healthy! My little boy is still very active, twisting and turning around, sticking his legs out and making my tummy look abit that scene in 'Alien'... I love to feel him move around, as every expectant mother does I am sure! I am amazed at the miracle of the female body, being able to grow, nurture and protect a new life!
Until next time!
Loren Stow Photography
tell your story
Visit My Webiste for More Info: www.lorenstow.co.za

3 comments:

Deqlan said...

hi loren was wonderful to see you saturday and wonderful to catch up, you are looking fantastic and it was such fun to see your tummy moving around as we tried to decipher a bum or a elbow! so excited for you ! i love these photos of megs and conrad, one of your best i think . have a great week take it easy, love samm

Unknown said...

Hi my friend, thanks so much for the trip down memory lane - seems like yesterday we did that photo shoot - it was such a happy day, we be with my husband, to be out in the beautiful outdoors, to share our joy in taking photos of my tummy and to top it all off - for my dear frind to capture the beauty of God's Finest Work (My Keaton in my Tummy) - You are so talented and Im so proud of you of how far you have come over the last 2 years - you are up there with the best! Take it easy and it was lovely to see you on Saturday! Enjoy these last few weeks together and rest at every opportunity! God bless, Megs

Anonymous said...

Wow Loren, I can't believe Kai is 2.2 kg already! It's absolutely amazing! Don't worry about the braxton hick's, keep an eye on them, but don't worry, all will be good! Anyway, hope you have a good week and we'll see you guys tomorrow!

Lots of Love
Elriza, Weasel & Caden